Advantages of Thin Film XRF reference samples:
- Absorption free standard: no matrix correction necessary
- Substrate thickness of 200 nm permits transmission measurements and leads to low background from the substrate
- Mass depositions in the range of ng/mm2 (1-3 atomic layers) permit quantification without the need to interpolate from higher values
- Uncertainty = 1 ng/mm² (1 atomic layer)
- Wide selection of non-overlapping XRF lines, exact calibration curve with many points over a large energy range
- Signal strength easily adjustable by thickness, similar intensity for all elements
- High degree of uniformity & homogeneity (better than 1% for the full sample area)
- Application for adjustment of confocal μ-XRF possible
- Wide range of available elements (standard and tailored compilations)
Download: Reference sample prospectus (pdf)
New Reference Samples:
AXO DRESDEN has been fabricating and selling the successful Thin Film XRF reference samples type "RF"for several years. As customers have been asking for different material compositions, we are planning to develop and provide one or two new series soon. In order to meet your demands we created an information sheet of what is available and what could be provided in the future. You can download it here: Info-PDF.
Please give us your feedback, ideas and suggestions personally, by e-mail.